We have cherry tomatoes coming out of our ears this year! While, after my disaster of a garden last year, I am beyond excited to walk down to the garden everyday and fill my basket to the top, you can only pop them in so many salads, snack on them, give them to family and sometimes they just don’t sell on the stand.
I share with the girls out back too, but there has to be something else I can do with these sweet little treats.
Share the love! Pin Me For Later!
We had a party at my parents this weekend, with everyone there having a love for fresh food (with the exception of my sisters boyfriend, who doesn’t like “brown eggs”! We’ll convert him, don’t worry). So besides bringing produce to share, I had to make something!
***Update! Jeremy has been converted! I knew we’d get there! ***
Introducing my Cherry Tomato Pico De Gallo! This was so fresh it definitely got the seal of approval!
Cherry Tomato Pico De Gallo
1 quart cherry tomatoes
3 small jalapeno
1/2 medium white onion
2 Tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup cilantro
salt to taste
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes and toss in a bowl.
- Seed the jalapeno and dice. Toss in the bowl.
- Dice the onion. Toss in the bowl. (Seeing a pattern here?)
- Chop cilantro. You guessed it! Toss in the bowl.
- Add lime juice to said bowl, and salt to taste.
- Mix this up and allow to sit for an hour.
- Serve in a festive bowl with your favorite tortilla chips and taste pure summer!