For the love of sourdough!! This Sourdough Cinnamon Roll Recipe Is Ridiculous!
OK, if you’re a regular reader, you might be noticing a pattern. I am in love with my sourdough starter!
It was time to feed my starter again and I’ve had a mad sweet tooth this week. What better way to fix that than making cinnamon rolls??
I used to have a fear of certain baking tasks. One being, anything that needs rolled up. Am I alone here??
I don’t know why. But I was always in awe at my mother in laws Pumpkin Rolls (maybe if we get enough comments she’ll share the recipe?? ehem Linda??) The thought of the process and making them terrified me!
** This page contains affiliate links. Purchasing from these helps to support our site, giving us a small commission without increasing the rate you pay. Thank you for your support of A Chick And Her Garden! ~ Staci
Pin me for later!!
But then I tried a pumpkin cinnamon roll recipe last year (again, look out in the future!) and I was hooked! My fears were ridiculous, I just needed to try!
So when I was looking for sweet ideas with my sourdough, cinnamon rolls jumped out at me!
It wasn’t a special occasion, like Christmas or something to make the hubs smile in the morning. Nope. It was seriously just a need for sugar! Ever have one of those days/weeks?? No? Alright, I’m probably alone in this.
Well after playing around a bit, I came up with these and let me tell you they are dangerous! Seriously. Bake at your own risk! I should probably add a disclaimer that I am not responsible for binge eating…
Dangerously Addicting Sourdough Cinnamon Roll Recipe
1 cup sourdough starter
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled
1/4 cup warm milk
1 tsp yeast
3-4 cups flour
5 Tbsp butter, softened
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp milk
- Add sourdough starter, salt, sugar, butter and eggs to your KitchenAid Mixer bowl. Combine these ingredients with the dough hook.
- Add yeast to the warm milk, mix in and allow to sit for 5 minutes or until foamy.
- Add the milk/yeast mixture to the starter mix.
- Gradually add flour, while mixing on setting 2, until you have a soft ball of dough that is not sticky.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until elastic.
- Put the dough in an oiled bowl and allow to rise until doubled.
- Punch down, and allow it to rise again. (I did the first rise in the afternoon and allowed the second rise overnight.)
- Punch down again and roll out into a rectangle, 12″ x 24″.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Mix the butter, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Spread in a thin layer on your dough.
- Starting on the long side, roll the dough into a tight log.
- Pat the ends flat, then slice in one inch rounds.
- Place them in 2 9″ pie pans. (12 rounds in each)
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour over top and serve!
What is your food weakness?! Tell me in the comments so I don’t feel so guilty!!
This post has been shared on some of my favorite blog hops!